Python Programming is intended for students with little or no programming experience. It aims to provide students with an understanding of the role computation can play in solving problems and to help students, regardless of their major, feel justifiably confident of their ability to write small programs that allow them to accomplish useful goals. The class will use the Python 3.5 programming language.
Any individual, organization, government agency, including schools and colleges, would benefit from the course. Most importantly, the course is designed for ordinary day-to-day users who do not have the advantage of specialized technical programming knowledge, i.e. for the rest of us.
Those who have basic computer knowledge and wish to learn Python Programming.
- Provide an understanding of the role computation can play in solving problems.
- Help students, including those who do not plan to major in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, feel confident of their ability to write small programs that allow them to accomplish useful goals.
- Position students so that they can compete for research projects and excel in subjects with programming components.
Module 1: What is computation?
Module 2: Branching and Iteration
Module 3: String Manipulation, Guess and Check, Approximations, Bisection
Module 4: Decomposition, Abstractions, Functions
Module 5: Tuples, Lists, Aliasing, Mutability, Cloning
Module 6: Recursion, Dictionaries
Module 7: Testing, Debugging, Exceptions, Assertions
Module 8: Object-Oriented Programming
Module 9: Python Classes and Inheritance
Module 10: Understanding Program Efficiency, Part 1
Module 11: Understanding Program Efficiency, Part 2
Module 12: Searching and Sorting
- Online Lectures-via MS teams /
- Online Demonstrations using VMs /
- Students need to have their own PC/Laptop with below minimum Configurations,
→ CPU-core i3 or higher
→ RAM-8GB or higher
→ HDD-100GB Free Space(better if you are having SSD)
→ Headset with Microphone
→ Good Internet Connectivity
- Duration: 3 months
- Prerequisites: No
- Skill Level: beginner